Tonight was my bench press night. I really hate the bench press (mostly because it is by far my worst lift). Anyway, I really feel that it is a lift I need to start focusing on so I am forcing myself to do.
I did not do any cardio tonight because my legs are still jacked from my squat night (really sad I know) Went straight to the lifts.
Here they are.
Shrugs (Barbell): 10 x 225lbs x 2, 10 x 275 x 3 - I know I should be going to less reps and heavier weight, but I don;t normally do barbell shrugs, so I am still getting acclimated to them. I like Dumb bell shrugs better, but everyone else seems to think Barbell shrugs are the way to go, so I conformed.
Bench Press (Medium Grip, Flat back): 5 x135, 5 x 155, 5 x 165, 5 x 175, 3 x 180, 3x185, 10x145: I know I could get at least 10 or 15 more pounds on this, but didn't want t press my luck tonight. Next time I will try 200 x 1.
Push Press (focusing more on the press and the push): 5x 75, 5 x 85, 5 x 95, 5 x 105 I was pretty spent after this.
Seated Row: 10 x 90, 10 x 110, 10 x 120, 10 x 130, 10 x 140
I plan to do 75 crunches before bed.
And that's all she wrote.
Also plan on tweaking my diet a little bit in order to allow for more protein intake. I am doing some research into some supplements that can: 1) Help fat burning (Green Tea Extract), 2) Help with my recovery time. I am not fully convinced that most supplements help, but I am willing to try anything once. Had decent success with Creatine last spring, but am weary of the water retention and how it will effect my weight, so I am staying away from that right now.
Guess that's it for now.
See you all in the morning with a weigh in.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment